Thursday, January 29, 2009

Chocolate Bliss Cookies

Like I said in an earlier post, I’ve been cruising the cooking and dining blogs and finding a lot of interesting things. Last night I made these yummy cookies that are CHOCOLATE!!!!

Baker’s One Bowl
Chocolate Bliss Cookies
2 pkg (8 square each) Baker’s Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, divided
¾ c firmly packed brown sugar
¼ c (1/2 stick) butter, slightly softened
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup flour (see note below about adding more if no nuts)
¼ tsp baking powder
2 cups chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 F. Coarsely chop 8 of the chocolate squares, set aside. Microwave remaining 8 chocolate squares in large microwaveable bowl on high 2 min, stirring after 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla; stir until well blended. Add flour and baking powder; mix well. Stir in chopped chocolate and walnuts. (Note: if omitting nuts, increase flour to ¾ cups to prevent excessive spreading of cookies as they bake.)

Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets.

Bake 12 to 13 minutes or until cookies are puffed and shiny. Cool 1 minute; remove from baking sheets to wire racks. Cool completely. Makes about 2 ½ dozen cookies.

For Larger Cookies: Drop dough by scant ¼ cupfuls, 3 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 13-14 minutes or until cookies are puffed and shiny. Makes 18 large cookies.

While making the cookies I was questioning the amount of flour, that’s when I glanced at the back of the Baker’s Chocolate box and saw the same recipe. Only on the box they had the part about adding an additional ¼ cup flour if leaving out the nuts – which I did. When I added the flour to the wet ingredients is when I noticed that these cookies are a lot like my brownie recipe. I got 25 cookies from this recipe. So, if you love brownies make these cookies they will put you over the top. I could only eat one, but MM had three!

7 comments:

Tammy said...

These look soooooo Yummy! I think I can even smell them.

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh, looking at them is just like heaven. I'll be right over to steal some. LOL!

Wanda said...

The original recipe I posted for these cookies on 1 Blog and 2 Sides is from a Bakers chocolate recipe in a magazine. It did not have anything about leaving out the nuts or the extra 1/4 cup of flour. I pulled out my box of chocolate to see if the recipe is on the box. It's not even called "Chocolate Bliss Cookies" there. It's called "Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Cookies". I will make a note on my recipe if I ever decide to leave out the nuts.

chilly said...

Them look good but familiar. Trying to lay my finger on just where I've seen them. Oh yeah, and had them. Sure it will all come to me some time when I'm reading my wife's blog.

tashabud said...

Those cookies are mouthwatering. I'm off to see what I can eat now to get my mind off those cookies.

Tasha

Shannon and Randy said...

I just made the cookies w/extra flour, no nuts. But it did not make 18 big cookies or anywhere close to 2.5 dozen small ones. What did I do wrong? I followed the recipe, but have about 15 good size cookies. Oh well, they taste good, guess that's all that matters! Shannon

siteseer said...

Hi Shannon
I used a teaspoon and had it heaping to get 25 cookies. I wonder if the egg size had anything to do with it. Mine were large. Glad they were good