Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Strawberry Pretzel Squares

This weekend I finally tried this jello dessert that I've heard so much about. I got the recipe from the newspaper, but several family members told me how good it was.


Strawberry Pretzel Squares
prep time: 25 min plus refrigerating Makes: 20 servings
~What you need!
2 cups finely crushed pretzels
1/2 cup sugar, divided
2/3 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 pkg (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons milk
1 cup thawed Cool Whip topping
2 cups boiling water
1 pkg (6 oz) Jell-o Strawberry Flavored Gelatin
1 1/2 cups cold water
1 quart (4 cups) strawberries, sliced

~Make it!
HEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Mix pretzel crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter. Press onto bottom of 13x9 inch pan. Bake 10 min. Cool.
BEAT cream cheese, remaining sugar and milk until blended. Stir in Cool Whip; spread over crust. Refrigerate.
ADD boiling water to gelatin mix in large bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water. Refrigerate 1 1/2 hours or until thickened (spoon drawn through leaves definite impression). Stir in sliced strawberries; spoon over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.

This is definitely a recipe I'll use again (that's why I put it where I can find it lol).

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy! It looks wonderful. I'll have to try this sometime. Thanks for sharing this.

mommy Orkid Belle said...

That looks really delicious! Thanks for sharing.. definitely strawberry season.

The Adventures of Grunty and Chubbs said...

Ok, when I saw the title of your post I thought, "Ooh, yuck!" ;-) But it really does sound good!

Tammy said...

Yummy I printed this one and I'm going to make if for our next family get together. Thanks for sharing.

((Hugs))

Becki said...

YUM!!