Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Death by Chocolate Bundt Cake

I brought this wonderful bundt cake into the office last week and everyone raved about it. I got it from cdkitchen I don't have any pictures, but trust me it is a crowd pleaser and what could be easier than an bundt cake?

Death By Chocolate Bundt Cake
Ingredients:
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1 package chocolate cake mix
1 package chocolate instant pudding
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Beat eggs, sour cream, water, and oil together in a large bowl until thoroughly mixed. Add cake mix and pudding mix. Beat until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into Bundt or tube pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour. When cool, sift powdered sugar on top of cake.

Variation: replace 1/4 cup water with Grand Marnier. Replace 1/4 cup water with Kahlua

MY NOTES:
I made it just as directed without any alcohol, but instead of sifting powdered sugar I bought a can of Betty Crocker ready to use chocolate frosting. I zapped that in the mic for about 10-20 seconds to make it a little easier to frost and it was yummy. The other note I have is that I usually test with a toothpick and when doing that you have to test more than once if you hit a chocolate chip that is all gooey. The cake really is done....just check again.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Where is the picture?

siteseer said...

b boys mom, I'll post it the next time I make the cake. This was a last minute thing lol

Michelle said...

Oh my! Sounds so yummy. Wish I still worked with you so I could of had a slice. You know how I'm addicted to chocolate. Thanks for sharing.