Saturday, December 25, 2010

Jiffy Corn Casserole

The girls at work suggested this recipe.... they've used it for years, but it's new to me. It's real quick, easy and delicious.

Jiffy Corn Casserole

1 can whole kernel yellow corn, undrained
1 can cream style yellow corn
1 (8 oz) carton sour cream
2 eggs, beaten
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 stick butter, melted

Mix all together and pour into large, lightly oiled casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes. What could be easier? I'll definitely be using this recipe again.



This was before baking.... was to busy to get an after photo :)




10 comments:

Tammy said...

Sounds very yummy and easy.

Anonymous said...

Would this make an 8 × 8 pan or a 9 × 13 pan?

Anonymous said...

Is this baked covered or uncovered?

Anonymous said...

Uncovered.

Unknown said...

I’ve made this recipe many times but mine has jalapeños also, only the cream style corn and I baked it in a 9x13 for 25 minutes @ 450 degrees. YUMMY 😋

Anonymous said...

I always drain the kernel corn, cooks quicker & less loose.

alexandra said...

Can this casserole be made on a Wednesday and baked on Thursday?

siteseer said...

I don't think I'd do ahead because I'm not sure what the corn bread mix would do with the extra time to soak up the moisture. Let me know if you do try it.

I think I used 9x11 pan and didn't cover it.

I'm not cooking a lot these days - need to get back to it

Unknown said...

I just made the casserole and I was going to wait to make it until tomorrow. Does anyone know if that works? If I do make it tonight how should I reheat it? Would microwave work?

Unknown said...

This is my go to pot luck dish. I add 1/2 cup of sugar to get a little extra sweetness. It's always a crowd please.