Monday, May 11, 2009

LEMON DESSERT

This dessert is one of my sons favorites. I usually have all the ingredients in the house, but it is time consuming in that you have to stir the pudding in the pot until it's cooled. I make it as directed, but I don't put the dream whip or cool whip on until serving.


LEMON DESSERT

2 sticks of margarine
2 cups of flour

Blend together and form bottom crust, in a 13x9 pan. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.

Meanwhile, make 2 3 oz packages of Lemon Pie Filling (not instant). Follow package directions except omit sugar on one package. Cool completely, stirring occasionally to prevent film from forming.

2 cups of confectioners’ sugar and 1 8 oz package of cream cheese. Blend together and spread on bottom of cooled piecrust.

Top with cooled lemon filling.

Top all with dream whip and chill.

It's not overly sweet, but totally refreshing.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I love anything with lemon in it so I'm sure I would just love this. It looks very yummy!!!

Michelle said...

Yummy! Looks delicious. Seems like an easy recipe. I'll have to try this. I'm all about easy.

Parenting Through Divorce said...

Wow looks yummy! I will try this recipe.