Thursday, January 15, 2009

Talk About A Deep Freeze

I woke up this morning and the temperature at the kitchen window was -12F. We have well insulated windows and even a couple of those had frost on the inside. About an hours later MM came downstairs and there's a thermometer at ground level and that one said -18F. I'm cold just thinking about it. The sun is shining beautifully now, but not to be deceived - IT IS COLD!! Listening to the news this morning they were talking about animal control is going to pick up patrol to rescue any animals left outside. Who would ever do that? Leave an animal outside in this kind of weather that is. I think the news even said that they picked up a couple of frozen dogs. Inconceivable!

On a better note, my car started without a sputter. A friend at work had to take her husbands car because her's has a diesel engine and it was too gelled up. Guess you have to plug them in or something to keep the diesel from gelling. Okay, between you and me I've typed 'jelled' and 'gelled' and neither one looks right. I hate when that happens. I think it's this stupid sinus infection that still has me wonky. I had to call in for another antibotic because 10 days on this one hasn't really knocked it out of me. How's anyone supposed to get better in this weather.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

It sure is cold. In my car this morning is said it was -15 out. Burrrrrr

Jaden Paige said...

No kidding! The radio this morning said it was -16F here when I was on my way to work! CRAZY TALK!

I hope your sinus infection clears up soon. Seems like there are a lot of sicknesses going around this winter...

Michelle said...

Gosh, I can't believe you're still sick. I had a bad infection last winter. It was terrible. I felt like I was addicted to that sinus rinse bottle. LOL!! Yes, it's freezing out. At least the sun was out yesterday. Still waiting for the word that my little one doesn't have school. All the other schools are closed for the day, but not hers yet. I'd rather not go out side. LOL!