Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's Snowing Again

Is this snow ever going to end?! I noticed last night when I left the office that the snow was squeaky. That is definitely COLD in my book. One of my friends said ‘you know it’s cold when the little hairs in your nose freeze up when you walk outside’. Ain’t that the truth. So there was more snow overnight and today it’s snowing again. Actually this morning there was a misty kind of stuff all around and there was a layer of ice on the walkways that had been cleared.

The one thing I’m happy about is the local ski mountain is really busy. Not that I ski, but it’s good to see something that’s promising for our local economy. More skiers mean more people at the local restaurants and that’s a good thing too.

The snow is a BEAUTIFUL blanket of white everywhere. MM took some great pictures of a red cardinal in our cedar pine out back, too bad I can’t find the cable to download them right now. Oh well, this is the northern country and this is January so I’m sure it’s not going to end soon. I’ll have to be happy reading about my friends that are traveling south.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I've heard this is the worst winter in seven years for our state. I'm not a big fan of the snow, as you know. I drove the little one to school this morning and the roads were terrible. I wish it would stop snowing too.

Tammy said...

Snow snow go away come back some other day. I'm sick of winter and snow right now. I think it's going to be a long one.