Friday, June 5, 2009

Project Update

Yesterday I mentioned that I've been really busy with projects for my girls. Well, I finished the little knitwit for Muffin.


The original pattern just shows the doll with long pants and a stocking cap. I modified this one by knitting little shorts under the skirt, adding the skirt and a bib with suspenders. Also the stocking cap just didn't work so I added hair in pig tails. I think it turned out cute.

For Peanut I've been busy making outfits for the hot weather we're expecting - right?



The one on the left has a butterfly print and the one on the right is strawberries (which I'm sure she'll call apples - it's red and round lol). To make this pattern fit better I put the straps on the top a lot closer on the back so they don't fall off her little shoulders. I have fabric to make two more outfits. Like I said I like to spread the cost of the pattern over several outfits lol. Have you sewn lately? I was literally floored when I saw the price of patterns! Can you believe they are between $14 and $19 per pattern!! I was able to get several on sale so that made me very happy.

So that's it for now - I'll keep working (can't stop) so come back and see more projects.

4 comments:

B Boys Mom said...

I love both of you projects. The doll is adorable and I can't wait to see peanut in her new outfits.

Michelle said...

I love the dresses. Sooo... cute. The bet the doll is going to be a big hit with the little one. Great job!

Harmony said...

Very cute!!

If Maggie calls the strawberries tomatoes, you'll have to make one for Aunt Syl too :D

The Adventures of Grunty and Chubbs said...

Too cute! Both projects turned out great - they're adorable. Patterns are so expensive it's probably almost cheaper to buy (already made) clothes on sale. But they're not as nice. Nor as special. :-)