Thursday, June 4, 2009

Lots Going On

Lots going on lately. Last night I watched the dvd from Disney of what to expect. I can't wait!! Next week at this time we'll be arriving at Fort Wilderness Campground.

I've been working on a cute little knitwit (it's a little knit doll) for Muffin. I had a cute idea to tweak the pattern a little and it's turning out adorable. I'll have a picture for you probably tomorrow.

I've also been making a few summer outfits for Peanut. I wanted to make her something, then once I had the pattern I decided I'd make several to save even more money lol. I'll have a couple pictures tomorrow of those too.

The plants in the garden are doing really well too. We had a slight setback on the hanging plant on the deck when we were gone over Memorial Day weekend (it dried out a little too much). It seems to have come back okay though. Tomorrow I'll do a 'Fertilize Friday' and update you on that too. Tomorrow is starting to look real busy lol.

This weekend we're celebrating a birthday for my dil. A little late, but better late than never. AND, I get to see both my girls... I'll be in my happy place :).

With all that going on I've also been reading a book written by Jillian Michaels from the Biggest Loser, "Master Your Metabolism".

She makes a lot of sense and a lot of her stuff was quite similar to my take on the Genesis Diet. That being to eat foods in their most natural state and cutting way back or eliminating processed foods. When you see it written down it's like a gentle slap of 'what were you thinking, of course all those chemicals are messing you up'. But, I like the saying 'when you know better, you do better'. I'm going to try to clean up my act. I'm already feeling better. See you tomorrow for picture updates.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm going to have to look at this book it looks really good.

Becki said...

You'll have to tell me all about the DVD, and then I'll watch it too!

The Adventures of Grunty and Chubbs said...

I love Gillian!

And I can't wait to see those photos. :-)