Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dinner's Done!

I'm so pleased with myself. For the last couple of nights I've been puzzled about what's for dinner. Today I got smart and made a nice chicken pasta salad while I'm home for lunch. I love coming home and not having to cook or think about dinner. A nice salad will be perfect today too, cause it's really hot outside. Actually, I've not really wanted to eat too much because of the heat. Any good recipes or ideas for what to do when you're not really hungry and don't have a lot of time? In the winter time I like to use the crock pot more, but like I said I really don't want anything hot.


5 comments:

Becki said...

I miss your summery chicken salad :)

The Adventures of Grunty and Chubbs said...

That sounds lovely! I was split between chicken salad or chicken wraps Sunday night. I decided on chicken wraps and put in whatever I could find in the fridge: leftover balsamic marinated chicken slices, fresh mozzarella, avocado, cilantro, chopped scallions, lettuce and ranch dressing. It was pretty tasty. Last night I did kale soup and tuna melts - maybe too warm for your weather...

I know what you mean about not wanting to eat when it's hot. Salads are perfect for that kind of weather.

Michelle said...

Sounds like a yummy dinner. I agree, it's way to hot to cook. I'm not sure what to cook tonight. I'll have to try your chicken pasta.

Dwacon said...

Yum!

Tammy said...

I'm sick of thinking about dinner too. I wish I had a cook and I just had to leave a note of what I wanted then came home and there is was. No shopping for the food or cooking. Now I wake up and back to the grocery store I go.