Friday, June 5, 2009

Fertilize Friday

Lots of progress in the garden this week. I have a lot of plants that bloom in different times, so even though I have a lot of blooming plants I still have a lot that are still working on it.

The hostas in the front yard are growing at the base of lots of Sassafras trees. They got their start a few years ago and have been having a few issues with deer and rabbits.



The daisies are the only things blooming in the porch border now that the azaleas are spent. There are two different kinds. First is the Crazy Daisy



The Snow Lady Daisy appears to have more buds.


oops don't look at those small weeds lol

The irises were a lot fuller last week, but are still beautiful.



I've never had this next plant before, but I like it. It's called Salvia Blue Hills.



There are two of these plants and this one gets more sun and is doing better.

Next are the peony plants. These guys have been moved and replanted a couple of times and just continue to thrive. First up are the pink two tone ones. I keep thinking last year, but I didn't see any of this last year, we were gone. So two years ago these prized little beauties had a full bloom twice!



Next up are a pretty dark rose color peony.



And finally, in the peony class :), are these deep rose colored multi petaled peonies. They are so rich looking.



Things that I have to look forward to are: Another Snow Lady (this one in not new this year like the ones in front).



The daily lilies have lots of buds.



The Russian Sage gets pretty lavender spires on the tips. I haven't been able to get this bushy as I've seen them on other properties.



The Hibiscus has gotten beautiful blooms in the past, but they are much later in the season.



Our hanging basket took a hit a few weeks back :( (gotta be more careful when going out of town). But I love all the colors.



So that's it for my flowers... I love to watch them grow. How are your plants growing?

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I love to watch my flowers grow too. Your flowers are just beautiful. I have the Salvia Blue Hills too. I planted two last year and they are taking off like crazy. I like how they are a mounded flower.

Becki said...

Very pretty! I'll have to try and allow a few extra minutes to check it all out next week before we go :)

Tootsie said...

your garden is outstanding! I am glad you commented to me! I have added you to my list that I visit! happy fertilizer friday!

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

Everything looks great! Everybody has Iris in their garden but me :( I am gonna have to get some down for next spring darn it!

Unknown said...

Your peonies are lovely! I have some that are planted near the house and don't get much sun - maybe I'll move some this year. Thanks for sharing your beautiful garden, Esther

Lynne said...

Those are all so pretty! I only had pansies blooming and they're all done, too hot for them. I need to replace them with something, just no time. I do have a little bit of the salvia blooming, I think those are pretty

Vixen said...

They all look beautiful. That hanging basket looks great, even if it had some problems last week.

Leigh said...

I'm jealous, your flowers and landscaping look great! I seem to be doing good only with the dandelions.

whoever said...

My clay piles are a little drab... LOL