Friday, July 17, 2009

Fertilize Friday



Another week and I'm glad I have a 'water boy' lol. My MM is getting a little tired of dragging the hose, but I'm the one that's gone all day. Hope they do okay next week when there is no one to water. We'll see. For now most everything is the same as last week but flourishing. So enjoy my flowers then head on over to Tootsie Time to check out the other participating gardeners.

First off is a petunia at my Mom's. Little Peanut is just loves taking time to smell the flowers.


The hanging basket is doing real well. It's getting wider and wider. The colors are fabulous.


The trumpet vine is really trumpeting and attracting lots of hummingbirds. Should have gotten a close up.


This is a view I love when I come up the driveway. It looks so full and colorful. The welcome I need after a long day at the office.


Hosta's all around the property are blooming. This batch is out back next to the lean to.


The cone flowers are all blooming nicely now. I love the colors, but have a question about their care. Should they be staked or otherwise propped up? The ones in the back stand up okay and one of the ones in front is pretty upright, but the other one is pretty much laying down. Should it be caged or something?


The Bee Balm has got a few blooms but my picture is real blurry, the coreopsis is still blooming beautifully and the blue hills salvia is a beautiful striking blue. I won't be able to participate next week (won't be home to take any pictures), but hopefully the week after that I'll still have a few live plants to report on lol. Have a GREAT week.

16 comments:

Tamara Jansen said...

I was just at the big Grower's conference in Columbus Ohio, checking out all the new plant breeds but the one thing they haven't come up with yet is a PETUNIA with FRAGRANCE. I should call 'em up and tell 'em they need to start workin' on that :)

Cathy S. said...

The trumpet vine is beautiful, and love the Verbenas. Happy FF!

-Cathy

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Everything looks lovely!! Happy FF!!!

Designs on 47th Street said...

I really enjoyed seeing your flowers and yard. I don't know about staking the cone flowers. I'll be interested in what others say.

Your view as your come up to your house is so peaceful. We definitely have deer out in the woods, but they couldn't get into the yard because of the fence, and especially up on the deck. I would love to have a motion camera out there! It would be so interesting.

Thanks so much for your visit today! :)

Linda said...

You have some gorgeous blooms, thanks for visiting on FF.

lynn'sgarden said...

That first photo is priceless!! And the hanging basket..oh my! Thanks for sharing with us!
Lynn

Darla said...

Everything looks beautiful.

Unknown said...

Your garden is lovely! Esther

Jacki said...

Everything looks great, but that hanging basket looks just amazing! Wow.

Teresa said...

Flowers are beautiful, I love that hanging basket. It has a nice mix of colors. The trumpet vine looks great. Mine hasn't bloomed. This is it's second year. Thanks for sharing your garden with us.

Tootsie said...

I just love to see your garden...It is just the prettiest! Your baskets are looking fabulous! I hope things survive the week you are away!
thanks for linking in and hope to see you again soon!

Becki said...

So pretty and peaceful!

Lona said...

I simply love your hanging basket of pinks and lavenders. So pretty.
I hope your Trumpet Vine is not like mine.Very invasive, got in my Septic lines. It was a mess.I am still trying to get rid of the shoots from the roots that were fifty yards out in my yard.
What a cutey you have for smelling all of the flowers;-)

The Adventures of Grunty and Chubbs said...

I love the photo of Peanut and the petunias (sounds like the name of a band!) Just lovely! Where are you going next week?

Michelle said...

Just beautiful Judi! I love all the purples and pinks. You seem to have a green thumb. Wish I had one of those. LOL!

Jaden Paige said...

I am so jealous of your amazing garden! Maybe someday I'll be able to do that :)

Yes, I am very excited about the game this weekend- not to mention the possibility of winning a car! The game doesn't start until 6 PM, and then the car giveaway is after the end of the game... Fingers crossed! Thanks for the well wishes! :)