Friday, May 1, 2009

Time to Green Up the Grass

With all the rain we've had lately our grass is greening up and growing FAST! We plan on doing a lot of work this summer cleaning up the front yard. The number one project is getting a nice lawn. With little Peanut (and soon Punkin)running around I'm really concerned with using an organic product like ringer lawn restore. This is a chemical free, slow release product that also helps prevent weeds. I've always been concerned with using chemicals. I personally am getting more and more sensitive to ordinary things like bleach. I can't imagine what reaction I would have if we had our lawn chemically sprayed. Our lawn (if you can call it that) has been neglected for years. MM doesn't like yard work so he does the minimum and keeps it mowed but there are a lot of sparse spots and we have two problem spots. A hill out front that is just sand, and between the houses it doesn't get enough sun and there is a lot of moss growing. To have a rich lush lawn would be great to play on with the kids and if the lawn is thick then the weeds won't have a place to grow. I would really like to put in an underground sprinkler system. Another project that's labor intensive, but well worth it in the long run. I've been looking at a lot of plantings to go at the base of the porch out front too. I've got a plan worked out, now to put it in place.

4 comments:

Becki said...

I will totally have lawn envy...just sayin...

The Adventures of Grunty and Chubbs said...

Yeah, a nice lush green lawn is nice... but labor intensive! You should look into doing some lawn and some native ground cover in other areas that would not require water, chemicals and time! :-) Just a thought...

(You should see our yard... you'd never know I live with a landscape architect!)

Michelle said...

Maybe I should use this stuff. It sounds great. My front lawn looks terrible. I sure need something to bring it back to life. Having a green lawn would be nice.

Tammy said...

I always wanted a lawn that looked like a golf course. I'm sure your lawn will be beautiful.