Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Entrecard Is Making Changes

The inbox on my dashboard at Entre Cards is packed with blogs that want to advertise on my blog. Until I figure out what's going on with that I choose not to accept any advertisements. I prefer to continue doing business the way that I have been. I buy on their blogs and they buy on mine. I'm not trying to offend anyone, it is just a personal choice. So, if you've advertised on my blog before - continue in the same manner - I like to see you there. Maybe later when the bumps are worked out I'll grow with the changes.


7 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm not sure what to think about all these changes. What's the benefit of approving paid ads? I'm a little confused with the change. Guess I'll just sit back and see what happens.

Unknown said...

I know what you are talking about. I have had an abundance of those "paid ads" that doesn't show the picture so you don't have a clue who they belong to. But if someone does buy placement manually (I guess the other is automatic...not sure) then their picture does show up, so that's a good thing.

Hope things get worked out soon.

Have an Amazing Day.

Blessings,
Coach Marla

Vixen said...

I don't know if you noticed but paid ads still slip through. You need to turn them off manually (EC didn't tell anyone that, I found it through a bunch of people who were not happy). Go to Your Account: Advert Settings and the you have to check the box:
"Allow paid ads only if explicitly approved by you"

Otherwise, EC will run paid ads on your site 50% of the time and your chosen ad the other 50%.

Tricky little devils weren't they?

siteseer said...

Vixen, Thanks for the info. This morning I had a weird ec that I didn't recognize. I got rid of it and the one that I approved showed up - I then went in and made the changes you suggested. Thanks again

Tammy said...

I so agree with you! Let's just wait and see what happens.

The Adventures of Grunty and Chubbs said...

I'm such a blog virgin I have no idea what you folks are talking about! Don't need to know either... I like being a luddite...

Julia said...

This Entre card stuff bothers me too! I love Vic's advice and will follow up with it now!