Monday, July 26, 2010

Quilt for Muffin

I've been having a quilting kind of time lately. I made a baby one for Punkin's arrival and then my daughter said that Peanut likes bugs now and I've been looking forward to making a bug quilt (weird I know you can see that quilt here ). So, since I was making one for two of my granddaughters I decided to make one for Muffin too. While picking out the bug fabrics I saw this amazing 'What are you doing, Maisy?' kit. I was a little intimidated at first, but it went together beautifully and quickly.

It has 7 booklets on it. Can you find them?


They all start with "What are you doing, Maisy?"


And when you open the booklet it has the answer.


Don't know why this one flipped, Maisy and a bathtub. Wonder what she's doing?


Oh yeah, taking a bath! You can see the inside of the cover on this one.


There was enough of the backing fabric to put together a little pillow case. The fabric on the table there on the left is for more baby quilts. Always another project in progress.


This alphabet border is what intimidated me until I realized that it was just a strip of fabric. I thought it all had to be pieced together ugh.


I don't think I worked more than a week on this quilt. It is machine quilted around the borders and squares (they call it 'stitch in the ditch'). Sometimes people wonder how I have time to do projects, but I do a lot of work in 10-15 minute increments. Amazing how much work can be done a little at a time... 10 minutes before you shower in the morning, 30 minutes at lunch time, an hour after work.... you get the idea. Now a book, on the other hand, I pick up and can't set down... nothing gets done while I'm reading a good book :)


6 comments:

Karen said...

That is going to become a well loved quilt! I love it. So cute that the books open and the little one can take time finding all the answers. Adorable.

Vixen said...

Judi, that is terrific! I love it! I may have to try and find that around here so I can make one. You did a great job.

Anonymous said...

So cute, Olivia will love it!!! -- Shannon

Becki said...

Adorable!

And Peanut loves her new bug quilt too :)

Anonymous said...

The bug quilt has fabulous colors too. Shannon

Tammy said...

Judi you do such good work I love all the quilts you have made. I love all the colors. I'm sure O is just going to love it.