Thursday, December 18, 2008

I've Been Knitting

Bet you've been wondering why I've been so quiet. Well, I've been busy. My son and DIL are having a daughter in March and I like to give a gift to the baby at Christmas time even before she's here. So, once I found out it was a girl I started knitting up a storm. For Pocohauntus (as they loving refer to her now) I made a sweater and hat in size 6 months.


Of course I couldn't forget lil Peanut. For her I found a quick little pattern for mittens complete with an idiot string lol. This is my first attempt at mittens and they weren't perfect, but I'm sure they'll keep her little fingers warm. Her coat came with mittens, but they were the little sock kind that don't have thumbs.


I made another little something for a friend at work so I'll have to post that later after I give it to her.

But there you have it, I've been busy getting ready for Christmas, knitting and working full time. That'll keep you away from the blog world if anything will. What have you been doing to prepare for the Christmas Celebration?

8 comments:

Tammy said...

OMG you spelled LOVE with the string! You are awesome! They are just tooooo cute.

siteseer said...

So glad you noticed lol. Didn't know what to do with the string and this just popped into my head.

Becki said...

How cute!! I didn't notice the 'love' string...I'll have to go back and look!
Maggie definitely needs those mittens - can't wait!!

Michelle said...

So cute. I'm sure the kids will love them. I can't believe you have another grand baby on the way. Lucky you. I'd love to learn to knit. Looks fun.

Anonymous said...

You are sooooo talented! I'm jealous! What a beautiful job and I can tell you they'll treasure it. I'm 32 and I still have the beautiful hand knit white sweater that was made for me upon my birth and I used it with both my kids!

Danica Favorite said...

Those are so cute! I hope I can knit that well someday!

Court D said...

um, getting fat?
how adorable and you would totally survive a hundred years ago whereas i would have died i think.

"D" said...

Wow that was so so sweet. You are creative and must look towards to monetize your blog by writing review for others on your blog.

Check out www.BlogCytes.com