Thursday, June 24, 2010

Quilt for Punkin

Ever since I found out I was having another granddaughter I've been working on a quilt just for her. Not that she will need another blanket (they have about one for every day of the year!!), but I wanted to do one just for her. It's basically the same pattern that I've made about 30 of, but the backing is different and it's just for her.

I try to do different texture fabrics for different things. The duck is a soft fleece and has satin bill and feet, the lion's mane is a loopy kind of texture, you get the picture.


I really liked the backing, it has puffy animals and the words that name them.


And look what MM managed to get a picture of. It looks like three little beaks to me, but there could be more hiding down in there. They are robins and mama was not happy that we were even on the deck. We do try to stay away, but just wanted to see who our new residents were.


2 comments:

The Adventures of Grunty and Chubbs said...

Beautiful! Both the quilt and the birds. :-)

Tammy said...

The quilts you make are just wonderful. I'm sure you new little punkin will just love it.