Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Eugene James Ott

I've been in a funk lately and it's showing up in my blogging. Two thousand nine ended in a big way for us. My brother went to his glory on December 31, 2009.

August 9, 1944 - December 31, 2009

His daughter put it best when she said he wanted to celebrate the coming of the new year with his wife who died about 6 years ago. I was probably closest with this brother (one of six) and talked with him about once a week. He was a strong family man and there was always room for one more in their household. He raised four children between him and his wife and they went on to raise two grandchildren. Along the way there was a nephew that moved in during his high school years and lots more that were not related in any way than by love.

His love and generosity will be missed by a lot of family and friends. When I think of Gene I think of love. I'm going to miss him.

6 comments:

Tammy said...

It sounds like he will be missed by many. I'm sure he has also joined many loved ones too. God bless you and your family.

Becki said...

A very sad loss indeed.

Wendy said...

I miss him and all of you very much. Thanks for the comment - I understand, responsibility comes with being part of a family.

Shannon and Randy said...

I liked how she said he was off to kiss his wife at midnight on New Years. That made me feel better that he had that to look forward to!

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said...

I'm sorry for your loss, I know it's hard. But I am sure he is very happy to be with his wife again.

Mike Golch said...

Sorry for your loss,you are in my prayers.