Thursday, September 4, 2008

Back to Work

So, I've been back to work for three full days and I've made it so far. It was a rough start on the first day. I couldn't remember any of my passwords or where the keys (as in to open drawers) were. Fortunately, the gal that was helping to cover for me had the cheat sheets that I gave to her. Boy, am I glad I gave that stuff to her! It gets a little easier each day.

On the home front, I jumped in full speed. Getting up at 6:00 a.m. to do fun stuff like gardening before going to work. I got a lot done the first few days (it's still dark at 6 a.m. lol) then this morning I just couldn't get up at 6. MM has really been busy. He had to unload all of the bays on the rv and take everything out to wash. I think he finished all of that and is now working on the few repairs that came up over the 3 months. Of course he'll be busy for quite a while with the little things around here. I am so glad that he likes to do stuff around the house.

I forgot to mention how my friends at work have made me feel like I was really missed. The gal that was helping to cover for me was actually tearing up when she came in. Yeah, she almost got me weeping too. Another friend told me how much the blog meant to her. Stuff like that that just makes you feel good. I think I really have a lot of good friends. Glad I work where I do.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That's great that you had such a warm home coming. I know that Tammy sure missed you. I would have a hard time coming back to work and getting back into the groove of things. To answer your question about the wood furnace. Yes, it's going to sit outside in our back yard. The hubby is going to keep it burning all winter long. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it works out.

Tammy said...

It's great having you back but I loved reading your blog and all about your trip.

Anonymous said...

SCOOTER AND CREW BARKS

GLAD TO KNOW THAT U R BACK!!!! I WISH THAT WE KNEW WHEN YOU WERE PULLING THROUGH U.P. WE COULD HAVE BAD A HELLO TOTIE AT THE HOUSE. WE MUST GET TOGETHER FOR DINNER DURING THE WEEK CALL SO WE CAN TALK ABOUT THE TRIP AND GET UP TO DATE