Saturday, July 12, 2008

Leaving Anchorage

We had a real nice dinner the next night at Orso’s in Anchorage. What a nice place – thanks Dave K.—he had given MM a gift card as a retirement gift. We had the whole treatment including dessert and enjoyed every moment of it. Too bad we can’t live like that all the time lol.
While leaving Anchorage we spotted a street person that I would have loved to have photographed, but felt too weird about it. He was along side the highway wearing a huge neon orange wig (Halloween like) and was carrying a cardboard sign that said “Homeless Bill, looking for a rich woman”. Yeah, would have made a great shot, maybe I could have found him a rich woman on the internet, but then where would she have called him?

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Funny and yes it would of been a good shot.

Becki said...

I just want to know if his approach ever works. I'm sure the wig helps ;)

Barbara said...

That man with the "orange wig" is my brother. He is homeless in Anchorage and had become very well known (Just google "Homeless Bill" and you will see what I mean). His hair is really red and he is very unkempt. It is painful to see him living like this...what I find to be even more painful, is the fact that people like you find humor in his plight. I hope you enjoyed your vacation.

siteseer said...

Barbara, I meant no disrespect, I found his sign very creative. The guy I saw did have an orange 'wig' on - so whether or not it was your brother I don't know, but that aside I know from personal experience how you must worry about your brother. I too had a homeless brother for years...when he was sober he would go to the Salvation Army for a shelter. Do we do enough for our homeless? I don't know, but some people don't want to live by the rules and what help can you give them? I have found that the best help I can give is prayer. I'll pray for your brother.