Monday, October 19, 2009

Pumpkins for 2009

We carved a few pumpkins this weekend. Mine is the scary one. Did you know pumpkins eat their young? lol


My daughter did this cute cat one. The little one next to it was grown in our backyard and was very small.


This was the smallest one that we grew. Next year I hope to plant 'giant pumpkins'. We planted these very late in the season and only got three pumpkins - these smallest two being the smaller of the three. Peanut took one home with her. Did her mommy and daddy help her carve it? We'll have to wait and see.


So everyone get your pumpkins posted. I want to see lots of them.

11 comments:

Vixen said...

I only got one pumpkin from all four plants this year. Not carving it yet, too hot here. I have to wait a little bit.

Love the big pumpkin eating the little one.

Tammy said...

Love you pumpkins, everyone did a great job carving them.

Becki said...

Your pumpkins turned out so cute! We should carve the one Maggie has, but then she'd have to stop carrying it around ;)

BK said...

The pumpkin that you carved certainly looks very scary and I would say fierce too. I thought the one that your daughter carved was pretty creative and cute. :)

Michelle said...

These are just awesome. I bet you guys had a blast. Can't wait to start working on ours.

Jami said...

Carving pumpkins is my favorite part of the season! These are so cute. I really like the cat one!!!

Auntie E said...

Love the first photo:-)

Lynne said...

Great job on the pumpkin carving! I love the mama pumpkin eating her young!

Jaden Paige said...

Those came out great! I can't wait to get ours done... Perhaps this weekend! :)

The Adventures of Grunty and Chubbs said...

Cute! The first photo is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Love the first pumpkin, great ides, very original!! Haha, pumpkins eat their young, LOL!
The others are very cute too!