Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Attacking Eagle




Check out this eagle we found and bought this past weekend. The guy was selling them on the side of the road near Elkhart IN. I love the colors of the wood and how they lay on the carving.

As with anything, our issue is where to put it. I want it on the front porch mounted on a log/stump with an American flag draped behind it. Yesterday when I got home from work I found it on top of our stereo cabinet in the living room. Looked a little menacing and out of scale for the area. The porch will win - trust me.

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh what a great find! This Eagle is beautiful what detail it has. It will look great on your porch.

Lynne said...

It is beautiful! That had to take a long time for someone to carve. I do agree, the porch gets my vote too!

Michelle said...

Love it. I bet that took some skill and time to complete. How beautiful! Yes, definitely a porch item. Can't wait to see the finish product.

The Adventures of Grunty and Chubbs said...

Ha ha - I love it... "The porch will win - trust me." :-D

Becki said...

Wow! I agree it looks a little scary...off the dining room table too, kay?

marjean said...

Awesome! Wish I could find one.