As I prepare to leave on my trip of a lifetime to Alaska next Wednesday I’ve decided to list 13 mundane things that must be done before I leave, in no particular order.
1. Assemble/collect books to take along to read.
2. Ditto knitting projects to keep me occupied while traveling
3. Compile address and phone numbers of friends to visit and mail to.
4. Laundry – always lots of laundry
5. Look for good pot luck recipes to take along
6. Forward mail
7. Clean the house from top to bottom (I hate coming home to a dirty house)
8. Empty fridge and cupboards of perishables
9. Pack motor home
10. Double check maps and routes (I have no idea how we’re going)
11. Make sure I have copies of prescriptions (eyes as well as pharmaceutical)
12. Get as much “Peanut” time as I can to hold me over :) (don’t think that will happen). I’m also going to miss my Mother and our daily Scrabble games.
13. Shop for groceries.
I know I'm missing tons of stuff. A lot more lists to make. There's lots to look forward to, but what do you dislike about getting ready to go on a trip?