So the theme this week is "gross". I can't think of 13 144's(gross) and I don't want to think of 13 gross (ewee). I'm breaking away to Mothers Day. Sorry. Thirteen stages of Motherhood.
1. We're going to have a baby!! This was positively the best for our family, okay, maybe after the shock, but it was the BEST!
2. I was never healthier than the 10 months (yes 10 months) I was pregnant with each of my children.
3. After years of trying to gain weight I finally did. lol Okay I know that's hard to relate to, but I was Twiggy herself, these days I'm trying to lose just like the majority of the world.
4. What do I do with it? Is this a smart move to give this little bundle of joy (okay 9 pounds 13 ounces) to two twenty somethings? She didn't break, although we did bounce her a few times.
5. First smile, first tooth, first steps. Life couldn't get any better.
6. Preschool. First separations - not too hard we were both ready. Second child didn't like the separation period much at all.
7. School years. This is more difficult than you can imagine. They are now learning stuff from others - both good and bad. Sometimes I still wonder where they got some of their ideas.
8. Girl Scouting, Boy Scouting, Ice Skating...there were evenings when I sat down to dinner and tried to buckle myself into the chair.
9. Teenage years - this is the period of time that gets you ready for them to leave your home (some days you're ready to kick them out).
10. Trials. There are so many times that you wonder "are they old enough to go there with that group?" "should they be going out on dates with that person?" "when should we start calling the police or hospital?". Obviously I had my kids before the cell phone era.
11. Graduations. Kindergarten- Middle School- High School- College It just kept getting more expensive. Hold on to your hats if you haven't done this yet.
12. Weddings. I had such joy when my kids found the perfect person to spend the rest of their lives with. Almost like passing the torch. At the time I can remember thinking "I just want to bottle their joy". After almost 37 years of my own wedded bliss I hope they have found it too. I think they have.
13. And finally we come full circle to Babies. Well, only one so far, but Grandchildren are the BEST!!
Can you relate to any of these?