Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Another Project Done

I finished one little project. A little decorative stocking for the new little one. I also added the picture of all of them. They're cute as a decoration at Christmas time.



Started a fun project yesterday. While in Alaska last summer I noticed in my brothers garden little rocks painted with the plant name. So then, while in Homer AK I saw the perfect rocks for just such a project. Yes, I grabbed a few off the shoreline for this project. I was dreading starting because I'm not very artistic, but then I just jumped in and decided to keep it simple. I'm just painting the name of the plant and I think I'll put a little leafy design or small bloom for some color. We also bought a lot of beautiful rocks for the garden. Seems silly to pay money for rocks, but they'll add color to the garden til the blooms start. I'll post pictures when I get them finished.

Are you starting to anticipate Spring yet? I've noticed plants starting to poke through and the grass is actually getting greener too with all the rain we've gotten. Can't wait to get dirt under my fingernails, but these little projects will have to keep me happy til then.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those little stockings are really cute. I love to cross stitch, but haven't done it in 4ever. I will have to get some out and work on it.

I love the idea of painting rocks with the plant names. I may do that in my garden this year.

Michelle said...

Adorable stocking. I love the idea of putting the plant name on the rocks. I can't wait to see your finished project.

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute! You did a really nice job.

Becki said...

Huh. You appear to know the baby's name.

:poke:

siteseer said...

I know nothing. I took a guess, but you know how good I am at taking out the names and putting in new ones.

The Adventures of Grunty and Chubbs said...

How funny! I can't wait to hear her name :-)

Beautiful stockings! And I love the rock idea too.

I'm also enjoying spring flowers here in socal... my freesia are blooming - some of the best smelling flowers in the world! I hope it gets nice and warm for you soon!

Anonymous said...

The stockings are so cute! Baby Pocohantus will love hers!! Shannon

whoever said...

Terrific craftsmanship! You're an inspiration!

One of my friends out here gave me a beautiful "Welcome" rock... on which she had "appliqued" fabric flowers - must have been some glue or something - (I could find out) she said the hard part was cutting out the flowers - anyway, it has been outside for years and still looks beautiful...

just a thot in case you get tired of painting leaves/flowers.
Cuzzin B

Unknown said...

Those are so cute! I can't wait to get into my garden. I am just starting to see my tulips peek through.

Lydia

Tammy said...

You do such great work! Is there a name on that new stocking?

siteseer said...

b boys mom.... no name... just a blob of green threads. I'll fill in the name when I find it out.