Saturday, February 2, 2013

Little Bit of Everything

Just downloaded my camera and wanted to share a few pictures.


This first picture is our newest addition at Christmas time. She was about 2 weeks old here. Just want to squeeze those sweet cheeks.


 
 
This was supposed to be a picture of the 5 grandchildren. Four out of five isn't bad. The baby is 2 weeks, being held by the 5 year old, seated next to the 2 year old and bringing up the right hand side is the 3 year old.


 
 
This is a family photo of our son's family. Beautiful wife and 3 beautiful daughters.


 

Our daughter and her family. Including the only grandson that eluded the grandchildren photo.


 
 
A friend at work was getting ready to move and brought in lots of yarn that she didn't want anymore. A few of us divided it up and there were four skeins left that really didn't go with anything. I looked at them and saw a beautiful, colorful baby blanket. I lightened it up in Picasa, but guess it didn't carry over.  It is very bright.


 
 
There was some colorful yarn left over and I pictured an outfit for the oldest granddaughter's American Girl doll. Kind of impressed myself since I didn't have a pattern for anything except the white blouse. Again, I love the colors. A poncho reminded me of the '60's and a purse with fringe is a must. Gotta thank my friend from work for bringing in a model for me - gotta get me one of these dolls.


 
 
This photo shows the individual pieces of the outfit.


 
 
I made a scarf like this for myself and then got a request from my friend for this one. Love the colors she picked out.


 
 
This was a really hard week this week. My baby brother, Bill, died on January 27, 2013. He was only 54 and lost his battle with lung cancer. I'm really going to miss him. The loss really hit hard when I realized that there are only 4 of 9 of us left. I've lost 3 brothers in just over 3 years. I can definitely say it doesn't get any easier. Until we meet again Bill, I love you.




So there you have it. Going forward I hope to do a lot more blogging since I only have 54 days left before I acquire 40 extra hours in every week. My mind is swimming with all the possibilities.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

So sorry about your brother. Love all the knitting you have been doing. Really love that scarf! You have a very wonderful beautiful family. You are very blessed.

Becki said...

Button is going to LOVE the outfit :) And I'd forgotten about the lack of cooperation in the holiday pictures. I usually see the boy smiling, honest!

Tootsie said...

your little monkeys are adorable! You are a very lucky lady! Your family is beautiful!